Sunday, August 14, 2016

My New Book

My good intentions of starting a blog right after I got back obviously did not happen. Way too many new things that I needed to learn and go through before I had time or the energy to document. I'm coming up on my year mark of when I had my shut down. This is caused me to ponder greatly. Who would have thought a year ago I would be where I am now. People ask me if I'm ready to start my new chapter in life. I tell them that it is not a new chapter but a completely new book. I am a completely different person than I was a year ago. Each new day I learn something new about myself. I learned that I am weaker than I thought, stronger than I thought, and have much more to learn.

I have decided that I really need to start documenting regularly like I did at the Bridge so I help myself recognise each day's blessings and miracles or the theme and lesson I need to be learning for the day. I have days that are super hard and when they come I forget about the many miracles and blessings that I have had in the recent past. Since I have been home I have completed a divorce, moved into a new apartment, turned the big 40, started a new career (nothing like I have ever done before), worked hard and got accepted into school to become an occupational therapy assistant, sent off my missionary son, spent a few days in the hospital getting surgery on a severed tendon on my finger and I have dealt with the many lonely days and nights. I have more happy days than sad days but it seems the sad days are unbearable at times. I go and do the things that I have done in the direction in which He has led me but some days I just think it's too hard. Other days I can't remember being as happy as I am at that moment. I become so proud of myself and the things that I've accomplished with the help of my Lord. I do things that I never thought were possible. I get knocked down, sometimes really hard, but I always get back up. I hope and pray that those days will become far and few between. I've been offered to write a book about my experience. If I had not lived it I would not have believed it myself. I am not sure how to do this or even if I will but I'm glad that someone else might benefit from my pain and from my learning experiences.

So my new book begins. Stay tuned.


5 comments:

  1. I am a very good proofreader if you ever need/want that kind of help. I would love to do that for you...

    Excited and anxious to hear about your new life. Love you muchly my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara I couldn't pay you or anything but I would love your help if wanted too. Thanks.

      Delete
    2. No pay is required. I would love to help you out with this journey any way that I can.

      Delete
  2. Cherai, You are smart, you are special, you are beautiful, you are Loved! I encourage you to begin your book one page at a time. You are a gifted communicator and your story will give hope to others who are struggling and in great pain. I was blessed to be able to retire in June and will now be much better about staying in touch. Sending you strength, courage, energy and lots of love. Cathy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend! I sure miss you. Please do connect with me. Thank you for your kind words.

      Delete